Saturday, January 5, 2013

Recent Work

I've been sitting on a lot of my new work for a while. I've been cleaning a lot of them up and getting them ready for final exhibition form and thought I'd share some of them.

Insurance (2012)



The first few represent the culmination of of further experimentation with diptychs, triptychs, etc. The central theme of these pieces are anxiety, personification of irrational, unrealistic fears, and altered perceptions.

Overwhelmed (2012)


Violated (2012)

Time (2012)
The other set of images I've been working on are... a bit of a change for me. It's a set of pieces meant to personify the physical sensations caused by derealization, which is associated with anxiety disorders. These are in some ways, still open to change. I've been experimenting with long exposure and camera movement in order to simulate derealization. I'm having prints made, but I'm toying with the idea of turning them into rotating projections.

Derealization 1 (2012)

Derealization 2 (2012)

Derealization 3 (2012)

Derealization 4 (2012)

Derealization 5 (2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment