Sunday, May 15, 2011

News!

I'm happy to announce that I just graduated from Mississippi State University with my B.F.A. in Photography.  This past semester has been a very amazing one!  I placed 3rd in PIEA digitally constructed single image category.  I received an Award of Excellence in the Mississippi Collegiate Art Competition.  I also just had my first real show- Unmasked, a BFA Thesis Revelation.  Thesis was amazing- being crammed into studios with several highly talented artists and being asked to create to my heart's desire is an indescribable experience.

Being out of college I'm now on the cusp of a new journey.  To reflect this new journey I'm relaunching my website.  It is viewable now but not 100% complete.  I am also very happy to announce that I'm starting a side business in order to utilize the skills I've learned.  I will soon be posting more information about my freelance venture on both my website (www.stevenjoshlin.com) and here on my blog.

As such in the future my blog will also feature my freelance work as well as my in-progress fine art pieces.

Joy! And stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations dear!!!! Totally stoked to see what new project you pursue next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you guys could have been here to see the thesis show!

    ReplyDelete