Sunday, October 17, 2010

A foundation

I must admit, over the years, my worst enemy has been confidence. I've struggled to decide who I am and what I do with the work I produce. After a long stretch of not working I've once again found my footing, and a direction on which to build future work. The narrative has always been my driving influence, whether it be Chris Marker's La Jetee, or Duane Michals mind/reality bending explorations. For as long as I've been using a camera to create art I've felt I had no problem with substance, or style, but combining the two has always been an Achilles heel. After several months of quiet contemplation I believe I've come out a stronger artist, ready to create and show the world how I see things.

In this blog I will be chronicling my thoughts on this new artistic and photographic journal. Aside from that, I'll be posting random snapshots from each day,  snippets of my current projects, perhaps even a few glimpses of my sketchbook. I hope that this will be a fruitful experiment.

1 comment:

  1. I think every artists confidence is their worst enemy. But when you believe in what you do and what you are creating and have the inspiration to create it, nothing else truly matters. I know your going to create amazing works, now you need to just go out there and do them! :)

    ReplyDelete